Sunday 3 February 2013

Getting ahead!

Inspired by Julie Hickey - I have spent today using the Garden paper pack from Docrafts - also available from Little Claire, using delicious papers and a selection of punches.
The first is one of two Mother's Day cards - getting ahead. I have added gold mirri candy to the flowers and a large glitter embellishment to the smaller flower.  The butterflies are layered together which adds more dimension.  I have outlined the card with a fineliner and added little dots to suggest movement of the butterflies.

The second card using a very large flower punch layered with 2 additional flower shapes.  I also punched out the leaves and the little tag.  Another glitter embellishment for the centre of the flower.
I have edged both the cards with a promarker - antique rose which softens the edges and tones with the paper pad.

Hope you likey......................

I was going to be very brave and cut into new papers which arrived from both Craftwork Cards and Lily of the Valley - yes been treating myself - but just couldn't do it......need to look and admire them a little longer I think............bet I'm not the only crafty horder :)  xxGaynor

No comments:

Post a Comment